Many of us like to get freebies, trials or sample products online, but what most people are not aware of, is that when they ask for your credit/debit card number for shipping and handling is actually locking you up for a recurring payment.
When the trial period ends you are set up to pay a monthly fee of the whole product price and when you try to cancel, you will be needing a bottle of aspirin just to get yourself out of their claws.
Now here is a way for you to get away with this payment policy tactics.
- Get yourself a prepaid card specifically for online purchasing
- Load it only when you want to use it to purchase or pay things online.
- When you want to try a sample product use this prepaid card to pay the shipping and handling.
- When the trial period ends, the company will try to charge your card with the full amount, typically they will send small amounts to see if there is an available fund or your card number is good to be charged.
- They will try this at the very least 3 times.
- When they can not charge your card, they will not send you the product anymore because your card was no good LOL.
Always READ their terms and condition before you bite the bait, and if you think you don’t really need the product don’t buy it or if you really want to try the product just get it somewhere else and pay the full price.
This is based on my experiment on getting Free Products or samples that needs credit/debit card number for shipping and handling and so far it works for me!