Working as CSR or Customer Service Representative is a tough job. In this job you have to be at your best all the time whether your encounter with a client or customer is in person or over the phone.
So let us cut to the chase and list down top 14 etiquette that a customer representative must follow in order to provide a good feedback from the client and a good salary raise that comes with the promotion.
- Be professional – always greet the customer at the start of the conversation, state your name or CSR number and the company you are representing.
- Show a happy disposition – always wear a smile and be polite, make the customer feel that you are very happy to assist them.
- Listen to the client carefully.
- You must have the knowledge to handle the client’s request
- You must always answer the question completely and precise.
- Communicate with the client clearly – feel the client (not touching) you can tell if the client is smart by the use of words and stay on top of it.
- Be helpful in responding to your client’s request.
- Confirm that the client understand the solution
- Speak with confidence
- Treat them as a valued customer
- Show genuine interest in assisting the client
- Be sure to make the client feel it is easy to do business with your company.
- Take ownership with the issue/inquiry.
- Do everything to provide your client with excellent service.
These are just some of the etiquette that a CSR must follow in order to provide a very welcome experience to your clients.