Guys are not as self conscious about their armpits as women does, maybe because it is not as visible as that of women because of the axillary hair. Guys can get away with it since the armpit hair covers most part of the armpit.
However for guys who are vain and very image conscious this can be a disaster when it comes to wearing clothes that exposes the armpit. It limits the movements and your chance of wearing tank tops to show those well defined biceps and the cuts on the side of those broad well chiseled chest.
Armpit skin darkening is caused by excessive sweating, accumulation of dead cells, poor ventilation and most of the time use of strong deodorants and antiperspirants. It is also can be a result of a medical condition call acanthosis nigricans which is can be a sign of serious medical condition like hormonal disorder that needs professional treatment.
Male skin is different from female skin, and you need to be more aggressive with the treatment and takes longer than that of the female skin darkening.
Here are some natural way of getting rid of dark armpits.
1. Turmeric with Citrus and baking soda.
Turmeric powder is a natural antiseptic and astringent spice that can take away skin impurities and dead cells leaving your skin clearer and lighter.
- mix a tablespoon of turmeric and 3 table spoon of lemon, lime or calamansi
- make a paste (add more citrus juice to achieve the right consistency, but be sure that it is not too runny)
- clean the area where you want to apply in this case the armpit. Scrub it really good using baking soda
- apply the turmeric paste
- leave it on for 20-30 minutes
- rinse thoroughly with luke warm water.
- let it dry
- you do not have to apply deodorant since baking soda, turmeric and citrus are not just bleaching agents but natural deodorants.
- wear loose shirts to get better ventilation and to avoid the staining by the yellowish color of turmeric.
- do this everyday for one week and see effect.
- continue doing this until you have achieved the skin tone
- tip: Do this at night
2. Lemon or Calamansi and baking soda
Citrus Fruits has its natural bleaching content and can also be use as replacement for deodorants when you are doing you skin lightening treatment. This is also good in getting rid of body odor because of its powerful antibacterial and antiseptic composition.
- get a slice or cut the lemon in half and rub it directly to the skin
- depending on your tolerance, you can leave it on your skin for 10 minutes or more but not over 30 minutes because this will sting.
- wash the area thoroughly
- mix tablespoon of baking soda with a glass of water and use it as a final rinse. This will help sooth the stinging caused by the citrus juice.
- let it dry
- do this every other day to give your skin time to recuperate.
- if possible do not use deodorant, you can use the baking soda as a deodorant by sprinkling over your armpit hair for the baking soda to absorb the sweat and odor.
- tip: do this at night before going to bed
3. Vinegar and baking soda
Vinegar is composed of acetic acid and water, giving it the antiseptic effect and serving also as a bleach. Using vinegar can lighten the armpit and any dark areas of the body. During the old times, when skin bleach have not been invented and introduce, people uses vinegar to lighten their skin and hair by applying it and leaving it on overnight.
- You can either splash the vinegar directly to your skin
- or make a paste using turmeric powder or flour
- apply the paste generously
- let it dry for 15 to 20 minutes
- rinse off thoroughly
- make a baking soda solution (tablespoon of baking soda and a glass of water for final rinse) and use it as a final rinse.
- let is sit for at least 2-3 minutes and pat it dry.
4. Sandalwood and rosewater
Sandalwood is a natural deodorizer and also has strong skin bleaching agent, like any other skin bleaching agents it can get rid of dead skin cells and peel off the skin revealing the lighter complexion of the skin.
- mix one tablespoon of sandalwood and 2 tablespoon of rose water making a thick paste.
- rub the paste of your armpit
- leave it on for 15-20 minutes until it dries up
- rinse off with warm water
- do this daily until desired skin tone is achieved.
There are more skin lightening agents out in the net however I do not think those can be as helpful enough for male skin types, but if you think it will also help or much more accessible to you, here are some of them:
—you can rub potato slice on your skin, milk is also one, cucumber has a mild bleaching effects and cools of the skin too, orange peel also has citric acid and coconut oil.
Do this religiously and be on your way to a more confident you.
Disclaimer: be sure to do a test first on your skin to avoid allergic reaction. I have tried all this myself and it works on my skin perfectly.
Skin result may vary, extra precaution must be taken, if skin irritation occurs stop using the treatment and use what is more suitable for your skin.