Cleaning and fixing things or making your self feel good does not have to be expensive. If you are out of time to grab something from the store, just go to your kitchen and check if you have the following. This kitchen products can save you time and money and make life easier.
Baking soda is one of the best kitchen products ever made. We all know that this is only use for baking but little we know that there are lots of use other than cooking or baking with baking soda. Here are some uses of baking soda.
- Cleaning agent – when you don’t want your fridge or tiles or even your kitchenware to get scratched by your regular scouring pads, use baking soda to get rid of hard sticky dirt, rub it with baking soda.
- Clean and freshens your breath, just add a pinch of baking soda your toothbrush with your favorite toothpaste and voila!
* mix half a teaspoon of baking soda with a half glass of water and gargle it.
- Facial scrub – mix baking soda with olive oil and gently scrub your face on a circular motion to get rid of dead cells and blackheads.
- Skin moisturizer – Scrub baking soda all over your skin and rinse well, this will leave your skin soft and smooth.
- Deodorizer – sprinkle a generous amount on a liter box or just leave a whole box of baking soda inside a fridge or cabinet.
* dilute a spoonful of baking soda with cup of water and splash it to your underarm and towel dry. A good alternative to commercial deodorant.
- Soothes chemical or burn and even sunburn – make a paste and apply it to the affected area.
- Fire extinguisher – special when your pan is on fire, just sprinkle baking soda on fire to put it off.
- Clog Remover – pour in half box of baking soda into the sink and let it sit for a minute, then pour in 8 to 10 ounces of white vinegar, will fizz and unclog your sink.
We need salt to add taste to our food and but because of it texture and we can also use it for the following
- Clean baby bottles – soap can leave unpleasant taste and smell on the feeding bottle so pouring a spoonful of salt inside a wet feeding bottle and shaking it for less than a minute then rinse with warm water cleans and disinfect the feeding bottle.
- Mixing it with your favorite oil and using it for skin exfoliating agent can save you a lot.
- Seal in fabric color – by mixing 3 table spoonful of salt into your dye solution the salt will activate and seal the color more vibrantly.
- Soothes soar throat – mixing 1 table spoon of salt with a cup of warm water, gargle it for 10-15 seconds and spit it out. Rinse mouth with tap water and it will soothe your throat.
- Substitute for toothpaste – make a picture of 1 tablespoon of salt with a half cup of water, dip your toothbrush and brush as usual.
- Unclogging sink with use with baking soda.
- Stain remover – pour it to the freshly stained area and let it sit for 30 minutes before washing.
- Mixing it really good with egg white, you can use it to clean the hair and conditions it, by letting it sit for 3 minutes before rinsing the hair.
- Mix 3 cups to 5 gallons of water and soak your drinking glasses for 15 minutes with make your glasses sparkling and clear like new.
- Facial cleanser/toner – with a cotton ball dab it on your face for 10 seconds or depends on your tolerance and rinsing it off, it will clear and purify your skin from dead skin cells.
- Deodorizer – put in a small cup of vinegar at a room corner you want to mask the smell.
- Soothes throat when mixed with warm cup of warm water to kill bacteria causing infection.
- Cleans out rust on metals – pour a can of coke on a rusty metal and scrub it till it shines.
- Hair texturizer – pour coke on your hair and let it sit for 5 minutes then rinse, this will give your hair body and shine.
- Tanning – if you want to get tanned quickly just apply coke on your skin while sunbathing, it speed up the process of tanning while protecting your skin from too much sun exposure.
- Calms tummy ache – drinking flat coca cola can soothe your stomach.
Do you have that milk that has been sitting in your fridge for a long period of time and you do not know what to do with it? Here are some tips on how to make use of your old milk before it goes bad or has gone bad.
- Metal Polisher – do not thrown those old milk that has been sitting in your fridge you can use it to clean you belt buckle or any jewelry to make it shiny and look new.
- Skin conditioner – pour in a box or two of fresh milk or skim milk in the tub and soaking yourself for 30 minutes can hydrate and refresh your skin.
- Sunburn – mix a cup of salt or baking soda and an equal amount of milk to create a solution to relieve sunburn.
- Leather Polish – just polish your leather bag or whatever with milk and let it sit for a couple of minutes and see the difference.
- Topical skin solution – just apply fresh milk to any skin rashes and it can help relieve and soothe the itch and pain.
- Fix cracks in your china – by simmering your china with milk, the protein helps repair the cracks in your china.
Citrus (lemon, lime, calamansi)
- Hair bleach – rubbing or applying a mixture of lemon juice and water on your hair before going out in the sun can lighten your hair color.
- Even Out skin tone – rubbing lemon, lime or calamansi on dark areas can help lighten the skin tone. Simple rub on the areas where you want to lighten, let it sit for 15 to 20 minutes then rinse. Do this every day for a week until desired result is achieved. Do not forget to use moisturizer after, because this can dry your skin or irritate it.
- Deodorant – squeeze a half teaspoon of lemon juice and mix it with 3 tablespoon of water. Apply it to you underarm and towel dry. It may sting and if this happens just splash it with cold water and you are ready to go.
- Blackheads remover – mixing it with baking soda and using an old soft bristle toothbrush, this can remove blackheads.
- Stain Remover – just squeeze the juice of these citrus fruits and rub it until the stain is removed. Pour hot water on the area or just wash it with warm water.
Coconut is known for it natural wonder in keeping one healthy, but what most do not know about coconut besides the fact the it enhances one’s metabolism and boost the immune system is that coconut does a lot around the house.
- Furniture Cleaner – mixing coconut oil, with vinegar and citrus like lemon and use it as a spray cleaner can make your furniture clean, shiny and fresh.
- Insect repellent – mixing 3 tablespoon of coconut oil and 9-12 drops of essential like peppermint or any citrus oil and applying it on your skin before going out can help get rid of insect bites.
- Wooden Tile scrub – using the coconut husk, apply a generous amount of coconut oil and scrub your floor, this will make your floor shine like new.
- Lube up those hinges – use it to lubricate doors and window hinges.
- to know more about the uses of coconut oil please visit www.greatist.com
Coffee in the morning makes us up and going. Having this at home whether brewed or instant has the same effect, but most people does not know that beside its awaking effect it also has its own purpose and we listed some of it.
- Facial Scrub – because of its grainy texture and acidity, coffee can be use to exfoliate skin.
- Air Freshener – Using ground coffee on a cup and placing it near a vent or in the center of a room can actually use it as an air freshener, it not only mask foul smell but gives your place a relaxing smell.
- Cellulite remover – I have read and watched it on different sites that coffee can actually help get rid of cellulite by rubbing it on your desired area.
- Fertilizer – using coffee brew leftover can do wonders for you plants. Just simply mix the leftover to the soil and let the plant soak up the nutrition from the coffee leftover.
- Foot Spa – tired of seeing those dry flaky feet? Scrub it using coffee ground for 10 minutes and soak it with warm water. rinse well until the coffee color is gone and your notice your feet get rehydrated.