I have received so many questions about my post regarding how to lighten underarms and I am so extatic about the warm messages that was sent to me.
However, there were follow up questions that needs to be addressed and it took me weeks of experimenting on which one really works, and it was all about how to lighten the inner thighs.
First of all let us figure out how and why this part of the body, that was never exposed to sunlight can turn darker than the rest of the body.
I am not a professional to diagnose or explain how this occurs but by observation. I have notice that most people with dark inner thighs tends to be overweight. The thicker the thighs the more friction it gets, and that is I think one reason why it turns dark.
Second observation is hormonal, I have noticed that most women who are pregnant turns to get this darkening not only on the inner thighs but their armpits and neck.
Third is what I noticed happened to me, my inner thigh was never dark at all but their were dark lines that might have probably caused by tight underwear. So what I did was to use a micro exfoliant with hydroquinone, and it was the worse thing I have ever done. My inner thigh became darker. So dark it almost made it look like I scooped a charcoal and wiped it around my groin area.
This really got me worried, because I like wearing swimming trunks for a more comfortable swim. I went online and researched about how to lighten inner thighs. Most of them doesn’t really work because each person skin is different from one another.
Until I have come to notice that the thing in common with these people trying to lighten their inner thighs are only three ingredients
- Turmeric powder
- Lemon juice or extract
- Papaya soap (optional)
So I told myself why not give it a try and mix the three main ingredients and make a paste and use it to lighten my burnt inner thighs
1. Clean the area with whitening soap like papaya soap. Be sure to rub the area generously and let the Sud or bubbles stay there for almost 5 minutes. Rinse off and pat dry.
2. Apply the turmeric mixture using a spoon or small brush to spread it evenly. Let it sit for more than half an hour, it might sting a little but it will eventually go away.
3. Rinse the paste off with tap water and let it dry without using a towel. Leaving some residue or stains on the skin will help in the lightening process.
4. Apply lemon juice on the treated area while it is still moist, this is the best time for the skin to absorbed any topical applications. Let it sit for 15 to 30 minutes depending on your tolerance to stinging.
5. Rinse off and use your favorite whitening lotion or petroleum jelly, this will lessen the cause of darkening due to friction.
Do this everyday/every night for a week and see the difference. It will lightened the dark skin and evens the tone out.
The reason why I say this works is because on the 4th night my inner thigh was already peeling dark and dead skin off. The new lighter shade shows and I am happy that my original skin color is showing now.
Disclaimer: this experiment works on me and showed a big difference. Lightening does not happened overnight so don’t expect an immediate result. Patience is the key, but I can assure you that it happened and works on me. I will try to post the after result for proof that it works on me. If in case that my inner thigh is still 3 shades darker than my skin tone, I will still try to find a better way to help my readers on how to lighten their inner thighs.
All the best!