Having your own website whether for your small business, blogsite, professional services or just to have one is not as hard as you thought it is and need not be expensive at all.
Webhosting company will not like me for writing this, but I just want to share to all my readers that having their own website does not have to be a lot of work.
You can have your own domain name and start marketing your business by telling people or prospective clients that you are serious about your business or the services you offer.
So let me help you…
Starting your own website can cost you money if you are not careful enough to think of a way to have your business or services on the Web.
- You need a webhosting service that will fire you up on the web.
- You need to get your own domain name.
- A platform to manipulate and edit your website
- A theme that is catchy enough to get your reader’s attention and check out your website or blogsite’s content.
- And of course a little creativity will do the trick!
and voila you have your own website! But! there is a catch, this is not really cheap if you want to start it on your own, a year subscription can cost you a minimum of $120. That includes the webhosting fee and the domain name.
Buying a domain name actually starts from $2.99 to $1,500 depending on how you want your domain name to be easily remembered by people. So the less complicated the domain name the more expensive it can get. Typically longer names are more cheaper, and depends on what “top-level domain names” or the .com, .net, .org, etc, etc. These TLD’s can affect the cost of your domain name. The more popular TLD’s the more expensive. Although it also depends on the domain name you have, the TLD’s may not be a big deal breaker at all.
- Domain name is what you use for your website to be remembered by people who wish to visit your site (www.mistercmt.net) is a domain name or known as the website name.
- Webhosting is the activity or business of providing storage space and access for website, or the company who sends your website on the internet.
- The platform is most often used by people to change and edit their websites and is most common for bloggers.
- The theme is how your website will look like.
So let us go to how to have your own website and pay only less than $10 to maintain one.
Simple… just look for people who are webhosting, those people who buys the full subscription of unlimited domain. You might get lucky and have them make you pay only the recurring monthly fee of $10 or less, but of course you do not want to rip them off and just pay the $10 monthly fee.
Try to work with them and ask them for a good deal.
Give them your domain name and if it is available you are good to go. Just ask them how much is the cost of the domain name their hourly rate and you can have your website on the internet anytime you wish.
You may want to pay them extra for setting up your initial website, for they will also spend time and effort just to initially set up your website. You can always change the theme anyway but logging in to your website and choose from a wide variety of theme available for you to use.
I hope this post helps you in deciding to go for a website.