We have heard lots of scary stories about gasoline station exploding and getting burned because of some simple things that triggered it.
Here are some safety reminders when pumping gas.
- No Smoking within 50 feet.
- Turn the engine off when fueling.
- Cell phones and other electronic devices must be turned off or not in use.
- If you are filling up a container make sure it is on the ground and never use unapproved containers. Always be sure to keep the nozzle inside the container during filling.
- Before pumping, make sure to touch any metal on the car away from your the fuel filler with bare hands. This will discharge your static electricity on your body.
- Never ever allow children to pump gas for you, anywhere in the world only licensed people are allowed to pump gas.
- Never leave while pumping gas, leaving it unattended might cause serious damage and accident.
- In case of fire use the emergency shut-off button to stop the pump.
Gas or Fuel is harmful when swallowed and long-term exposure to the vapors can cause serious injury or illness such as lungs, brain and heart problem and can cause cancer.
- make sure your face is far from the nozzles and gas tank
- Try not to breath the gas vapor
- Avoid in contact with mouth
- Keep away from eyes and skin